Writers on the Fly - A Fly Fishing Reading Series
Begun in January 2015, Writers on the Fly is a reading series featuring some of the finest writers in fly fishing, both old voices and new.
Each reading follows a simple template: three or four featured readers, along with a featured artist and a featured non-profit. The goal is straightforward: to showcase the best writing being done about fly fishing today, bring exposure to artists taking fly fishing as their subject, and highlight the work of non-profit organizations whose mission is in some way tied to the sport.
Past Readers, Artists, and Non-profits
- Steve Duda, writer, editor of The Flyfish Journal.
- Jon Tobey, writer, www.gointothelight.wordpress.com.
- Mike McCoy, fly fishing guide, writer.
- Dylan Tomine, author of Closer to the Ground.
- Kate Taylor, writer, fishing guide.
- Alex Collier, fishing guide, www.threeweight.wordpress.com.
- Martha Silano, poet, author of Reckless Lovely from Saturnalia Books.
- Dead Weight Fly, artist Ryan Sharpe.
- Bad Axe Design, artist Jonathan Marquardt.
- Wild Steelhead Coalition, non-profit conservation organizaiton.
- Fly Fishing Collaborative, non-profit human rights organization.
- John Larison, writer and fly fishing guide.